Dr. Sandra L. Doman is a chiropractor and registered yoga teacher. She earned her doctorate with honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic, Florida Campus and holds a B.S. in Marketing and Economics from Lehigh University in Pennsylvania. Her progressive approach to rehabilitation and patient care led her to develop Dr. Doman’s Guide to Working with Injuries©, a program to teach yoga teachers how to work with musculoskeletal injuries.
- On site chiropractor for Dwyane Wade, University of Miami, and Shaquille O’Neill basketball camps.
- 3-year President of Dade County Chiropractic Society.
- On site chiropractor at Gulfstream Park for the jockeys.
- Experience treating pro athletes from all major sports.
- Adjunct faculty for chiropractic school, National University of Health Sciences in Chicago.
- Founder of Miami Sports Chiropractic & Yoga Center in Aventura Florida, 2010. Newly expanded facility opened July 2014.
- Orthopedic injuries educator for all Equinox gyms in South Florida.
American Chiropractic Association. Member. January 2010- Present.
Dade County Chiropractic Society. President 2012-2014. Member July 2009 – Present. Miami, Florida. Board of Directors March 2010 – 2011.
Florida Chiropractic Association. 2006 – Present.
Council on Neurology, Florida Chiropractic Association. 2009 – 2010.
- National University of Health Sciences. Adjunct faculty. 2012. Lombard, IL.
- Yoga Alliance. Adjunct Professor of Anatomy and Physiology. May 2009 – Present.
Teaching & Lectures
- Dwayne Wade Fantasy Basketball Camp. Yoga for Basketball. Miami Beach, FL. August 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Yoga for Back Pain. February 2013. Miami Chiropractic Conference, taught 1 hour of continuing education.
- Yoga and the Chiropractic Patient. February 26, 2012. Miami Chiropractic Conference, taught two hours of continuing education for chiropractors.
- Electrodiagnosis. Dade Country Chiropractic Society. April 2011. Panelist at general meeting. Reviewed clinical indications for EMG/NCV.
- Personal Trainer Forum. Equinox Fitness Club. Aventura. June 2010 – 2013. Review of anatomy, injuries and rehabilitative exercise for all personal trainers. Monthly on-going.
- Dr. Doman’s Guide to Working with Injuries©. January 2010 – Present. Miami, Florida. Created 20 hour certification program for yoga teachers on the subject of teaching students who have common musculoskeletal injuries. On-going.
- The Subluxation: A Fresh Perspective. February 2010. Miami, Florida. Investigating the proposed neurological mechanisms and evidence in support of spinal manipulation. Key note speaker for the general meeting of the Dade County Chiropractic Society.
- Well Adjusted: Unique Opportunities in Co-Management with Chiropractors. April 2010. Chicago, Illinois. Role of evidence-based chiropractors to work with therapists and address the psychosomatic aspect of healing in manual therapy. Guest lecturer for the Wellness Committee and Primary Care Concentration at the Adler School of Psychology.
- The intermedius nucleus of the medulla: A potential site for the integration of cervical information and the generation of autonomic responses. May 2010. Miami, Florida.Discussed the neuroanatomical relationship between the upper cervical spine subluxation and visceral autonomic neurology. Article review for the Dade County Chiropractic Society.
- The Shoulder, Knee, Ankle and All That Shiatsu: How Massage Therapy is Integrated Into a Sports Rehab Chiropractic Office. January 2010. Aventura, Florida. Lecturer for Mela Therapeutics massage therapy intern program during an NFL Combine preparation program.
Post Graduate Training:
Electrodiagnosis. Neurodiagnostics Institute. May 2009.
Registered Yoga Teacher. 200 hour certification through the Yoga Alliance©.
Big Brother Big Sisters. June 2012- 2014. Mentor to little sister.
Israel Bonds Young Investor Society. June 2012-2014.
The Maimonides Society of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation. March 2011 – 2014. Steering Committee member and program coordination for physician programming.